"This is the best french toast EVER. So sweet and rich! You prepare it the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning."
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Serves:4, Yield: 9 slices
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light Karo syrup
- 9 slices Italian bread (sliced 1-inch thick) or 9 slices challah ( sliced 1-inch thick)
- 1 dozen egg
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cook butter, brown sugar and Karo syrup in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then pour into a 9x13 pan.
- Pack bread slices into mix.
- Beat eggs, cream and vanilla. Pour over bread.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.